Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Sunday 15 February 2015

Sunday Share


Happy belated Valentine's Day to everyone!  I hope you had a great day with your loved ones!  I was spoiled by my hubbie and had a relaxing massage followed by a lobster dinner and bottle of one of my favourite wines!  He definitely knows the way to this girl's heart!  



Anyway, for this week's Sunday Share, I thought I would share my top five Autism blogs and TPT stores.  In a previous post, I wrote about the Teachers Pay Teachers website and what a time saver it is. Today, I will be sharing my 5 of my favourite autism sellers and bloggers.





First up is the Autism Classroom News blog by Christine Reeve. I discovered her blog about a year ago and have followed it ever since. She is a wealth of knowledge and I love her products, especially for functional literacy and math skills. Currently, she is a consultant working with school districts to support students with autism, their teachers/staff and families. Most of her blog posts, products and books are born out of experience of what works in the classroom and a need of a teacher or a student.




The Autism Helper is written by Sasha Long.  Sasha is a board certified behavior analyst and certified special education teacher with eight years of experience in a premier autism program.  I love Sasha's video tours of her classroom and her tips for organization.  She is one organized teacher!  She has some great products for data collection and organization and some really helpful social story packets.



I recently discovered the autism classroom blog written by a former teacher and current school consultant.  Only known as S.B. Linton, she creates books, resources and materials for teachers of student with ASD.  In particular, I like her fine motor task cards.  Her blog is part of a larger site, www.autismclassroom.com, which is designed to provide assistance to educators who are educating children with autism.



The Autism Adventures of Room 83 is written by a teacher who teaches third-sixth grade severely handicapped class. She blogs about all of her ideas and creations she has implemented in her classroom. She has a great selection of products, especially social stories.



Teaching Special Thinkers is written by Gabrielle Dixon who teaches K-2 students with autism.  She shares a lot of great organizational and work task ideas and has some very useful products in her TPT store, such as her adapted art packs.


Well that's it for today!  Do you have a favourite blog or TPT store?  I'd love to hear about them!  Send me an email or leave a comment below.

Until next time,


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shoutout, Nicole! I'm so glad to have found your blog. I'm going to shoot you an email with some collaboration ideas. :)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including me, Nicole!! I'm so excited to have you join in our group and get to know you better!! :)

    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete

Recommendations by Engageya