1) This cutlery set is perfect for functional independent work tasks. I love it because it's not as big as cutlery trays that go inside drawers. Anything that saves space is a win with me!
2) These scissors. Last year I bought these at Scholar's Choice and paid $5.99 for one pair! I found the exact same ones at a dollar store for $1.99! I like these ones because they have a little piece that you can move to make them spring loaded and because of the visual cue they provide for finger and thumb placement.
3) This die. Oh the possibilities with this die! I plan to use this in my literacy centres for letter matching and identification games and for sight words games. But you could also use it colours, shapes, vocabulary development, etc.
4) These dry erase markers. I love the bright colours and the fact that they are mini, which is perfect for little hands! I like using mini writing utensils in my classroom as they encourage the proper grasp. It is much more difficult to write with these using a whole fist grasp.
5) These markers. Like I said above, I love using mini writing utensils! I have my room stocked with the Crayola Pip Squeak markers, but when I saw these, I had to buy them! They are even smaller than the pip squeaks and cheaper! Double score!!! Just look at how small they are! Try using a whole fist grasp now!
Do you have some awesome dollar store finds? I'd love to know about them! Drop me a comment below! Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time,