Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Saturday 13 June 2015

One Lovely Blog Award

Many thanks to sweet Amy at My Bright Bunch for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! We recently met through Marie from Once Upon A Classroom and have been chatting through email.  It has been a pleasure getting to know her, and she has a great little blog, so be sure to check it out!

I am very much a novice blogger, with my first post back in February. I never imagined what an amazing journey this would be! I have made so many connections with amazing teachers that I would have NEVER had the opportunity to, and for that I am grateful! The open hearts of teachers and their willingness to collaborate and create with other teachers is amazing! When I started this blog, I was invited by Christine from Autism Classroom News to join a Special Educators Bloggers Facebook group, which has been a blessing!  I have met so many wonderful SPED teachers and have learned so much from them!  I am also collaborating with some other SPED teachers in a book study for "10 Critical Components of a Special Education Classroom". These little things are some surprising aspects of teaching and blogging I never knew existed, but have become some of my favorite parts! 

Here are some fun facts about me:
1. I am finishing up my 7th year of teaching.
2. I have taught K-6 students with Autism for those 7 years.
3. Prior to teaching, I was a Senior Therapist in privately and publicly funded IBI/ABA programs for 7 years.
4.  I have two rescue dogs, Scout and Bailey.
5.  I have an incredibly supportive husband whom I love dearly!
6.  I recently started working out and doing yoga after a 2 year hiatus, and it has been tough!  I am totally out of shape!!
7. I am currently trying the Whole 30 program (this was my first week)!
8.  I am total Netflix binge watcher!  My current fav is Bloodline. 
9.  My beverage of choice is tea!  I love the Organic Strawberry Fields Green Tea from Steeped Tea.  Oh and Chai Tea Lattes from Starbucks!!
10.  I love to travel and go for weekend getaways.  One of my favourite getaway spots is Niagara-on-the-Lake.  It's so quaint with great wineries and the Shaw Festival!   

I nominate the following peeps because I love their blogs!

Erin from You AUT-a-Know
Stephanie from Mrs. D's Corner

If you accept, please comment below! Happy Blogging! 


4 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! Thanks for nominating me! LOVE the new blog design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I LOVE your blog design!! so cute :-) I have loved connecting with other sped bloggers out there!! I have learned so much from all of you :-) Thanks for the shout out!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination! I have learned soooo much from all my special ed teacher blogger friends! You all rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nomination! I love the new blog design. I've been thinking about a new one and I think you just convinced me! Thank you for everything I've learned from you!

    Erin
    You AUT-a Know

    ReplyDelete

Recommendations by Engageya