Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Tech Tuesday Linky Party!


It's March Break here in Ontario and I couldn't be happier to have the week off!  Today I want to share another one of my favourite apps for the Tech Tuesday Linky Party at Once Upon a Classroom.  Kid's Journal is a great app to use to work on recall, time and communication skills.



Students can record their feelings, where they went (i.e. home, school, on vacation), or the weather. Kid’s Journal entries have the option to post a photo and include room for text to add more details about the day.  I especially like this last option, as students can include photos of themselves in an activity and describe what they did either by typing a sentence or two themselves, or telling an adult who can type it for them.  This is great for my students with Autism who have a difficult time relaying information about their day to their parents.




The other nice feature is that Kid’s Journal entries can be exported in their entirety or as a range of dates. The exported files can be read in iBooks, Notability, and a number of other applications, like popular screencasting apps, on the iPad. If imported into Notability, their entries can be then be emailed to their parents to read.  Kid’s Journal is a great option for sharing learning experiences with parents.


That's it for me today!  Off to enjoy the day with my nieces and nephew!  I'd love to hear about any of your favourite apps!  Leave me a comment below or send me an email!

Until next time,



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Nicole! I had not heard of it, and I like how students can personalize it so much and how easily it can be shared. Hope you are enjoying the break this week! :)
    Marie
    Once Upon a Classroom: A Teacher's Tales

    ReplyDelete

Recommendations by Engageya